As per GUIDANCE – the industrial guidance & export promotion agency of the government of Tamil Nadu – following industries can continue production during the current lockdown:
01. Manufacturers of drugs, pharmaceuticals, sanitation products, medical materials, oxygen, medical devices, medical textiles, associated raw materials, components & their intermediates.
02. Food & poultry processing industries, animal husbandry, agricultural inputs (fertilisers, agricultural machinery and their components). Manufacturers with export orders and their suppliers.
03. Defence sector equipment, automobile & component manufacturers for the defence, agriculture & health sectors.
04. Manufacturing units that produce packaging materials for the above industries.
05. Refineries, large steel products, large cement plants, sugar mills, fertilisers, float glass plants, large foundries.
06. Tyre factories, large paper mills, electronics industries using surface mount technology, automobnile manufacturers with larger foundries and paint shops. Large, vertically integrated textile units.